Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 31 17 12:44 PM

Tags : :

Hi Guys.

My Green replay counter disc is not paying properly on the 16 line as it is pitted with burn marks, can the track be repaired or do I have to buy another disc.

Ian.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 2 17 8:45 AM

Hi Ian

I can't think of an easy way to repair the tracks if the copper is missing in places. If you can get spares over there it would be the way to go and it will outlive all of us as against a repair that will fail at the worst possible time.

Why is the current board burnt and pitted, old age or light contact tension? 
Don't want it to happen to a new one.

Cheers
Andy

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 2 17 5:26 PM

Hi Andy.

I have trouble getting spares and have to go to America and the cost of the postage is as much as the parts.

I got the following from bingo.cdyn : misadjusted replay cams index unit switches. The circuits are designed so the current spikes caused by the replay register stepping up are partially diverted through a replay cams index switch. If that switch is dirty/misadjusted, all the current has to flow through the replay counter. This eventually causes the burn spots spaced along the trace. If let go long enough, the trace will burn through and you'll be looking for a replacement unit.

Cheers.
Ian.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 3 17 9:56 AM

Hi Ian

I was wondering if you gave it a fine 400 grade rub over and tried to lay a blanket of solder over the tracks.
I don't know how long the solder would last and won't take where there is no copper, but it may improve the contact area and work until you find a local part.

I know what you're saying about parts, I got a few spare bits and pieces with the first machine a brought and have never found any spares since. US postage is very expensive.

Cheers
Andy

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 3 17 4:33 PM

Hi Andy.

I tried it with the solder but it wouldn't stick, The yellow counter disc is similar as well, I could use it as a parts machine as I have a Miss America deluxe, don't really want to as it is a nice machine but they are not selling for much in the uk so I would lose money on it if I started replacing the parts that are faulty.

Cheers.
Ian.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Apr 3 17 10:04 PM

The final,solution

Try electro silver repair kit for repairing broken rear window demisters tracks (and circuit boards) from Halfords. Clean with alcohol. Apply one coat, if you are going to force dry it you must apply the heat on the other side of repair, otherwise you will trap the solvent in the paint from evaporating, then another coat, it's up to you. But first don't forget to clean up any mess you have made with the solder. Drawing a sharp penknife over any solder and soldering lumps you will have made, back to bare copper again. This is the sort of repair I live for and wish I could do it for you. The pure silver paint is actually very hard wearing and a perfect conductor.. Tip........maybe use a sharpend matchstick, and just sort of dab the paint on, carefull not to short-out any tracks and roughen any gaps you want to fill with penknife for paint to have something to key on
Regards John 
(Hello Andy my friend)

Last Edited By: Bally old boy Apr 4 17 10:57 AM. Edited 6 times.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 17 17 8:14 AM

Hi Ian,if you need a spare replay counter disk,let me know.
kevin.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help